Yes, Route 66 in California is traffic, and stoplights. But it is also …
The hottest temperatures in the United States. An historic theater district that rivals Times Square in New York City. Unequaled cultural diversity. Time capsule restaurants and motels. Diverse museums. Scenic wonders.
This is Route 66 in California.
Be Prepared For Surprises
Jim Hinckley Recommends
Jim Hinckley has been telling people where to go since 1990. Here are a few of his favorite places along Route 66 in California.
- Fenders River Road Resort in Needles. This is the only motel on Route 66 that is also located on the National Old Trails Road AND the Colorado River
- Valenzuela’s Cafe, Needles, , one family owned since 1952
- Desert Market, Daggett, in business since 1908
- Jenny’s Mexican Grill Steak & Mariscos, Barstow
- Route 66 Mother Road Museum, Barstow
- Emma Jean’s Holland Burger Cafe in Victorville, meeting the needs of locals and travelers since 1947
- California Route 66 Museum, Victorville
- Mitla Cafe, serving the best tacos in San Bernardino since 1937
- Wicked Cow Burgers and Brews, Upland
- Saga Motor Hotel, a Route 66 classic in Pasadena
- Cameron’s Seafood, a Pasadena tradion for more than 50 years
- Heidar Baba, an authentic Persian restaurant in Pasadena
- Grand Central Market, a Los Angeles landmark since 1917
- Mel’s Drive-in, at the end of the road in Santa Monica
End of The Road, 1926
The original western terminus for Route 66 was in the very heart of the Los Angeles theater district
Grand Central Market
A Los Angeles gathering place since 1917
Located on Broadway in the heart of Los Angeles the Grand Central Market is the ultimate food court. As a bonus there a vast collection of neon signage, new and old.
Traditional foods from throughout the world, fresh produce, coffee shops, bakeries, candy stores and so much more.
Travel Planning Made Easy With Jim Hinckley’s America
Stress Free Route 66 Travel
Route 66 Navigation
Route 66 Navigation is more than the best app available for navigating Route 66. It is the ultimate travel companion with an extensive list of attractions, restaurants, historic sites, wineries, breweries, saloons and museums.
Route 66 Navigation developed by Touch Media, creator of the Mother Road Route 66 Passport