Telling people where to go since 1990 – Jim Hinckley’s America/Route 66 Chronicles ®
AUTHOR – GUIDE – CONSULTANT -SPEAKER
- Author of nineteen books including Murder & Mayhem on Route 66; Tales From Bloody 66, Ghost Towns of the Southwest, The Route 66 Encyclopedia, The Illustrated Route 66 Historic Atlas and Backroads of Arizona
- Creator of Jim Hinckley’s America ( https://jimhinckleysamerica.
com/) travel network (social media, blog, 5 Minutes With Jim podcast, live stream programs, YouTube, Vimeo, presentations, books and feature articles)
- Presentations on Route 66, the southwest, the dawning of the American auto industry and tourism development made at the annual Miles of Possibility Conference, European Route 66 Festivals and at museum fund raising events, festivals and conferences
- Tourism development consultant; clients include City of Cuba (Missouri) and Grand Canyon Caverns, New Zealand based Gilligan’s Route 66 Tours, Australia based Route 66 Tours and Nissan Canada
A Jim Hinckley's America Promotional Partner
Delightful, wonderful, magical Cuba, gem of the Ozark Mountains. A diverse array of delightful restaurants, centrally located to amazing scenic wonders and historic sites, and the time capsule that is the historic Wagon Wheel Motel are just a few of the things that make this friendly Route 66 community a destination, not just a stop. Need another reason to visit Cuba? How about wineries, Frisco’s Grill and Pub, Cuba Fest, Bob’s Gasoline Alley or the truly unique FourWay restaurant.
“Top notch!!! Great journalism. Love Jim’s work!”
– Jim Liviingston – Photographer
Jim Hinckley’s America
trips on rt. 66
Kick off for the 2020 speaker series at the historic El Garces
Research trip on Route 66; trying the restaurants along Colorado Boulevard and testing the pillows at the Saga Motor Hotel
Miles of Possibilities Conference
The ultimate Route 66 convention.
Research for new book titled “In the Beginning”
Route 66 from Chicago to Arizona, with a detour to Indiana and Michigan
The Grand Adventure: Part Three
European Route 66 Festival in Zlin, Czechia with side trips to Poland, Austria, Germany and Slovakia with a 35th anniversary celebration in a castle on the Rhine River
My Recent Books
MURDER and mayhem
Tales from Bloody 66
things to do on route 66
Things to do before you die on Route 66
Adventures on Route 66 and the road less traveled.
At Jim Hinckley’s America we test the pillows, taste the enchiladas, try the shower, walk the neighborhood, sample the beer and make the detour so you can enjoy worry free travel. We discover the places known only to the locals, the special places most travelers miss, the hidden gems that ensure a memorable adventure. And we introduce you to the characters, the colorful and fascinating people that add seasoning to the adventure.
Shortly after the U.S. Highway 66 Association was established in early 1927, a marketing campaign was launched that branded the newly minted highway as the Main Street of America. It was a brilliant strategy as one of the most famous "named highways" in America, the...
In our home we celebrate Valentine's Day every day of the week. Never is there is a day that I don't reflect on how fortunate I am that an amazing woman looked beyond my down at the heels, rough around the edges exterior and accepted my invitation to share the grand...
It was a perfect morning for a bit of reflection and some desert exploration. I was alone with my thoughts for the first time since hearing that my pa had passed, and there was a hint of a chill in the air as the light of dawn chased the shadows. Seldom do I sleep in...
Get In Touch
Author of 19 books – Tour & tourism development consultant – Speaker.