Telling people where to go since 1990 – Jim Hinckley’s America/Route 66 Chronicles ®
AUTHOR – GUIDE – CONSULTANT -SPEAKER
- Author of nineteen books including Murder & Mayhem on Route 66; Tales From Bloody 66, Ghost Towns of the Southwest, The Route 66 Encyclopedia, The Illustrated Route 66 Historic Atlas and Backroads of Arizona
- Creator of Jim Hinckley’s America ( https://jimhinckleysamerica.
com/) travel network (social media, blog, 5 Minutes With Jim podcast, live stream programs, YouTube, Vimeo, presentations, books and feature articles)
- Presentations on Route 66, the southwest, the dawning of the American auto industry and tourism development made at the annual Miles of Possibility Conference, European Route 66 Festivals and at museum fund raising events, festivals and conferences
- Tourism development consultant; clients include City of Cuba (Missouri) and Grand Canyon Caverns, New Zealand based Gilligan’s Route 66 Tours, Australia based Route 66 Tours and Nissan Canada
“Top notch!!! Great journalism. Love Jim’s work!”
– Jim Liviingston – Photographer
trips on rt. 66
Research trip on Route 66; trying the restaurants along Colorado Boulevard and testing the pillows at the Saga Motor Hotel
Miles of Possibilities Conference
The ultimate Route 66 convention.
Research for new book titled “In the Beginning”
Route 66 from Chicago to Arizona, with a detour to Indiana and Michigan
The Grand Adventure: Part Three
European Route 66 Festival in Zlin, Czechia with side trips to Poland, Austria, Germany and Slovakia with a 35th anniversary celebration in a castle on the Rhine River
My Recent Books
MURDER and mayhem
Tales from Bloody 66
Jim Hinckley's america
Kingman, Arizona & 160-Miles of Smiles
TRAVEL ROUTE 66
A Guide to the History, Sights, and Destinations
things to do on route 66
Things to do before you die on Route 66
Adventures on Route 66 and the road less traveled.
At Jim Hinckley’s America we test the pillows, taste the enchiladas, try the shower, walk the neighborhood, sample the beer and make the detour so you can enjoy worry free travel. We discover the places known only to the locals, the special places most travelers miss, the hidden gems that ensure a memorable adventure. And we introduce you to the characters, the colorful and fascinating people that add seasoning to the adventure.
"The best commentary on the road between Santa Fe and Albuquerque is that it took us less than three hours to make the sixty-six miles, whereas the seventy-three miles from Las Vegas to Santa Fe took us nearly six." Emily Post, By Motor to The Golden Gate, 1916. The...
With the luxury of a half century of hindsight I can now see that the quest began in the summer of '69. That was when I began trading hours of my life for money. That was the summer that I began working for Ed of Ed's Camp on a long abandoned alignment of Route 66 in...
Carlos F. Hurd was a reporter that had gained international notoriety in 1912 for his series of interviews with survivors of the sinking of the RMS Titanic. He was no stranger to disaster, to stories of human suffering and to gut wrenching stories of family tragedy....
Get In Touch
Author of 19 books – Tour & tourism development consultant – Speaker.